Monday, December 18, 2006

Rushing Christmas






My DH has been bugging me to put up more Christmas decorations like tivoli lights outside for the past few weeks. I only had a Christmas tree that was set up on November 1. I am not so much into lighting up the whole house because of fires that usually occur around this time. I remember distinctly the fire that killed the daughter of JDV last Christmas. Well DH gave me the look and an ultimatum. The same night I worked on our front door. It took me 2 hours to set it up. I contracted someone to make paper parols for me. Paper parols are not commercially available anymore. You only see those ugly plastic parols. It just doesnt give you that Christmas feeling with plastic ones. The few days after I added more stuff to the Christmas tree and added parols at the lanai. I found candy canes that cost PHP75.00 a box of 12 at Candy Corner and purchased 10 boxes. Not bad for PHP750.00. I was thinking that this will be part of my Dessert Buffet Table. Now I don't regret adding more decor to the house to dress it up.

No comments: