Thursday, December 21, 2006

Happy Birthday Papi

We threw a party for my Papi who turned 64 yesterday. Because I was swamped with the preparations I totally forgot to take pictures to record the event. Well here is what we did so you will have to visualize this one.
Menu
Crostini - Home Made Basil Pesto/ Tapenade with Daing
Salad Greens
Lengua de Abuela (lol)
Chorizo & Olive Paella
Abuelo's Lechon
Steamed Crabs
Dessert Buffet
Chocolate Fudge from Sugar House
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies from The Kiddo
Mango Tart from Conti's
Apple Pie from Makati Sports Club
Frozen Brazo de Mercedes from Camara's
Sauvignon Red Wine
The paella was overflowing with Chorizo & Olives and Chicken just the way my Tia Abuela Mercedes used to do it. Her daughter, my aunt mentioned it. We miss the old lady at times like this. Wasnt so happy about it though as I had to rush the Paella and forego baking it. I rate it at 7. I could have done better.
The lengua was tops as usual. Abuelo's Lechon was nice and crispy. Perfectly done. They have truly perfected this recipe.
The salad got soggy as everyone was still munching on the crostinis and took sometime before starting. It was brought in by my sister but she only brought to bags so many were not able to eat.
Crabs were flown in from Palawan on the same day. My DH just arrived noon and brought several kilos for me. He also brought me some casuy nuts that were so good. I used this as my take away bags for the night.
The dessert buffet was a sight to behold. Just looking at it will make you gain 10lbs!!!
All the guests enjoyed and no one left early. That is the gauge of my DH if we threw a succesful party. We wrapped up the party an hour before midnight and DH gave me his thumbs up for throwing a great party before dozing off. At the end of the day what makes me love throwing parties is the appreciation and rating of my DH at the end. His mother used to throw the best parties. I have big shoes to fill in.
Happy Birthday Papi! We love you. Hope you enjoyed your night.

No comments: